Electronic resources for Performance Studies/Theatre

kenneth mccoy kmccoy at ANDY.BGSU.EDU
Sat Sep 18 19:55:03 EDT 1993

Esteemed Colleagues --

I am currently charged with compiling a list of electronic resources for
the research committees of both the Theatre and Performance Studies
divisions of the Speech Communcation Association (to be presented this
November in Miami at the Nat'l Annual Convention).

So far, I have found and accessed the following resources:

Mailserver discussion lists
- Canadian Theatre Research (candrama at unb.ca)
- Theatre (theatre at grearn.csi.forth.gr)
- Perform-l (perform-l at acfcluster.nyu.edu)
- Perform: Medieval Performance (perform at iubvm.ucs.indiana.edu)
- Records of Early English Drama (Reed-l at epas.utoronto.ca)
- Folklore (folklore at tamvm1.bitnet)
- Visual and Verbal Semiotics, formerly Telesi-l
  (semios-l at ulkyvm.louisville.edu)

Online: interactive organizations
- Comserve--for communications studies (comserve at vm.its.rpi.edu)

Electronic journals
- Postmodern Culture (pmc-list at ncsuvm.cc.ncsu.edu)
- RD: Graduate Research in the Arts (rd at writer.yorku.ca)

Newsgroups:
- (free): rec.arts.theatre, alt.stagecraft, rec.arts.cinema,
rec.arts.poems, rec.arts.prose, rec.arts.tv, rec.music.folk,
sci.anthropology, sci.lang, soc.college.teaching-asst, soc.culture.*,
soc.feminism, alt.artcom, alt.culture.theory, alt.etext,
alt.folklore.urban, alt.history.living, alt.native, alt.postmodern,
alt.showbiz.gossip, alt.usage.english, bit.listserv.cinema-l,
bit.listserv.commed, bit.listserv.literary.
- (for a price$): ClariNet (clari.news.arts)

If anyone out there knows of any others, it would be very helpful if
you could take the time to respond either by posting here or directly
to me through e-mail. Please remember to include as much information as
possible, especially the address (Internet or Bitnet) and publishing
organization/University (even moderators if you know them).

Many thanks,

        Ken McCoy
        PhD candidate (ABD)
        Bowling Green State University