ATHE NEWS Fw: ATHE MOO (fwd)

Kathy Chung kchung at EPAS.UTORONTO.CA
Thu Feb 2 09:26:07 EST 1995

Hi!

I don't know if you have to be a member of ATHE to get involved in this,
and I'm not even sure I know what MOO really, practically means, but
interested individuals can always find out for themselves.

Kathy.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 17:35:22 EDT
From: James Thomas <jthomas at cms.cc.wayne.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list ATHENEWS
     <ATHENEWS%WAYNEST1.BITNET at PSUVM.PSU.EDU>
Subject: ATHE NEWS Fw: ATHE MOO

------------------------------
From: Juli Burk <burk at UHUNIX.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU>
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 22:04:54 -1000
To:           Multiple recipients of list ATHEFRM <ATHEFRM at WAYNEST1.BITNET>
Subject: ATHE MOO

Calling all interested parties - no technical experience required!

With the permission of the ATHE Board of Governors I have been given
leave to create and launch a MOO for ATHE and the University of Hawai'i
at Manoa has been kind enough to allott us the necessary computing power
to create and run it.  For those who have not used one, A MOO provides for
multi-user interaction in a simulated setting (virtual space) that allows
folks to communicate in real time with whoever happens to be present.
The possibilities for ATHE and for teaching are limitless, but unless
ATHE members have a reason to use it, many will not learn of the system's
potential (and limitations).

Would you like to join me in developing the system?  in creating the
rules?  in shaping the architecture?  If so, reply to

        burk at uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu

I am building the team now and intend to have the MOO up and running for
the summer 95 conference.

With warmest aloha, Juli Burk

Juli Burk
University of Hawaii - Dept. of Theatre and Dance

   phone: (808) 956-2600
     fax: (808) 956-4234
internet: burk at uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu