Asian Theatre Workshops

Walter Cassidy cassidy at UHUNIX.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU
Thu Feb 16 22:11:24 EST 1995

        I like to post a note that I will be retuning to Canada starting
in around the middle of June.  I will be  avaliable to do workshops in
Ontario and Quebec.  I have extensive training in Beijing Opera My
teacher was Madame Shen Xiaomei  who I trained with for seven months
pluse five months with Dr. E. Wichmann and performed the lead Painted
Face character in the Beijing Opera Shajiabang.  I have also worked in
Suzuki Method for two months and performed in a Suzuki Method production
in Hawaii, and I am currently involved in a Kabuki and my Teacher is
Nakamura Matagoro(Head of the National Theatre of Japan) and Onoe Kikunobu
(Master Japanese Dancer)  I have studied Kabuki Dance for the past two
and half years.
        I also have Asian Theory background and can speak extenstivly
about Theatre in Japan, China, and South East Asia (my speciality is Laos
and Indonisia).
        I just I drop a line to say I will be in Canada, so if anyone is
interested in Workshops I am gladly willing to do them.
Thanks for your time.
Walter Cassidy
Unversity of Hawaii at Manoa