R.U.R. and Metropolis (fwd)

Dana D. Buck dbuck at UMICH.EDU
Sun Jan 22 11:39:54 EST 1995

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 1995 11:38:50 -0500 (EST)
From: Dana D. Buck <dbuck at umich.edu>
To: astr-l at vmd.cso.uiuc.edu
Subject: R.U.R. and Metropolis

Hi, Folks--

I'm doing some research for a couple of projects, and could use your
help. . .

1. I'm working on a production  of Karel Capek's 1921 play "R.U.R." and
would like to correspond with anyone who's done or seen a production of it.

2. I am also beginning research for an opera/ ballet of Thea von Harbou's
"Metropolis" and am finding materials scarce. . .anyone know of places to
look, or good source material?

3. I've been told there have been recent musicals of both these
pieces--R.U.R. became "The Robots" and the musical "Metropolis" ran in
Chicago and for about a week in London. Anyone have more specific info on
either of these?

Please Email me directly at:

dbuck at umich.edu

Thanks for the help. . .I appreciate it!

Dana Buck