Mask work

Raymond Louter oedipus at EREWHON.UUCP
Tue Jan 31 15:50:00 EST 1995

I have a student who may be interested in exploring the use of masks in
an original performance context. The problem is that he knows only that he
would like to try what sounds like an interesting kind of performance (from
my description) but he has no experience. I know a few people in the Toronto
area who do mask performance but I would like some advice on:

        1) possible training programs
        2) suggestion for how to script/structure a 50 minute independant
           study.

I have some ideas on how to process but wanted to shore up my arguments with
the wisdom of my peers.

Any takers?

Ray Louter

Raymond Louter
Theatre Arts Department
Redeemer College
777 Hwy. 53 East
Ancaster, Ontario
L9K 1J4

Phone: (905) 648-2131
FAX    (905) 648-2134
e-mail: oedipus%erewhon at maccs.DCSS.mcmaster.ca
or      oedipus%erewhon at uunet.ca