ATHE NEWS ONLINE Archives (fwd)

Kathy Chung kchung at EPAS.UTORONTO.CA
Tue Jul 11 17:41:06 EDT 1995

  F. Y. I.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 1995 10:49:24 -0500
From: James Thomas <jthomas at cms.cc.wayne.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list ATHENEWS <ATHENEWS at CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Subject: ATHE NEWS ONLINE Archives

                     <  <  <  ATHE NEWS ONLINE  >  >  >

                     Archive Files for ATHE NEWS ONLINE

ATHE NEWS ONLINE postings are automatically archived on a monthly basis.
Subscribers can obtain copies of these archives in the following manner:

To obtain an index of current ATHE NEWS ONLINE archives, send the message
"index athenews" to listserv at cms.cc.wayne.edu.  Do not write anything in the
Subject heading and do not include any signature.

You will receive a short file that looks something like this:

*  Archives for list ATHENEWS
*
*  NOTEBOOK archives for the list
*  (Monthly notebook)
*
* filename filetype   date     time     Remarks
* -------- --------   -------- -------- -------------------------------
* ATHENEWS LOG9412    94/12/25 07:12:33 Started on Sat, 24 Dec 1994
* ATHENEWS LOG9501    95/01/31 19:05:36 Started on Wed, 4 Jan 1995
* ATHENEWS LOG9502    95/02/26 08:36:19 Started on Wed, 1 Feb 1995
* ATHENEWS LOG9503    95/03/14 13:36:41 Started on Fri, 3 Mar 1995

Check the starting dates to find the archive you need.

To obtain a copy of a particualr monthly archive, send the message "get
[filename] [filetype] to listerv at cms.cc.wayne.edu.  For example, "get
ATHENEWS LOG9412" referring to the index above.

That's all there is to it.  The size of a typical monthly archive will vary
depending on the amount of activity there was on the list for the month
involved.

If you have any questions, please contact me and I will try to help you out.

James Thomas
List Moderator ATHE NEWS ONLINE
jthomas at cms.cc.wayne.edu

Department of Theatre