ATHE NEWS: Position Opening (fwd)

Kathy Chung kchung at EPAS.UTORONTO.CA
Tue Jun 20 20:23:00 EDT 1995

   F. Y. I.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 05:46:25 -0500
From: James Thomas <jthomas at cms.cc.wayne.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list ATHENEWS <ATHENEWS at CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Subject: ATHE NEWS: Position Opening

------------------------------
From: adirks at topcat.bridgew.edu
Mon, 19 Jun 1995 16:55:56 EDT
To: athe_news at mailer.fsu.edu
Cc: adirks at bridgew.edu
Subject: Position Opening

          Position Opening:

          SCENIC AND LIGHTING DESIGNER/TECHNICAL DIRECTOR/TEACHER
          Temporary (one year) full-time position in theatre production,
          beginning Fall, 1995.
          Responsibilities:  Teach Scene Design and Seminar In
          Contemporary American Theatre in fall, Stagecraft and an
          additional course in area of interest in spring.  In the
          mainstage season each semester: design scenery for one show and
          lighting for two shows, direct technical production for two shows
          and a dance production. Supervise student design experiences.
          Qualifications:  Appropriate masters degree required, terminal
          degree preferred.  Strong commitment to excellence in teaching,
          preparation and experience in scenic and lighting design, and in
          technical direction.  Prior teaching experience at college level
          is a plus.
          Salary:  Rank and salary depending upon qualifications and
          experience.
          Application: Submit letter of application, curriculum vita, and
          reference contact information to
          Office of Human Resources, Bridgewater State College,
          Bridgewater, MA  02325.  Examples of design will be requested
          from selected candidates.  For additional information contact Dr.
          Stephen Levine, Chair of Theatre Search Committee, Department of
          Speech Communicatiion, Theatre Arts and Communication Disorders,
          Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, MA 02325 (508) 697-1348.

          Or just email me.  It's my job--I'm off for a year.
          Arthur Dirks
          adirks at bridgew.edu