Cyberstage 1.3 Content

Mark J. Jones 73121.74 at COMPUSERVE.COM
Fri May 19 23:56:07 EDT 1995

Another baby is born. The summer issue of CyberStage, the Toronto-based arts and
technology magazine, will be out in June.

As always, we are constantly looking out for new and interesting work to cover
or people who want to get involved. Get in touch if this is you, or if you know
of anyone we should get in touch with. Also email if you would like to obtain a
copy. Web site is currently under construction and will be completed by
September.

Here are our upcoming articles:

Feature:
My Virtual Self: A Journey Through Technophobia
by Soraya Peerbaye
One woman's struggle through the techno-aesthetic issues of our time, and the
artists she encounters along the way.

Articles:
i) Theory and Practice: The Work of the Gertrude Stein Repertory Theatre
by John Reeves of TGSRT
The Gertrude Stein Repertory Theatre -- more than just a catchy IBM ad. Their
work and philosophy described.

ii) Rants and Raves: Techno DJs Speak Out
by gogo Begonia
An inside look at the rave scene, the DJs behind it, and the technology that
make it happen.

iii) Cinema Verite
by Anthony Cogliano
Are special effects dominating Hollywood?

iv) The Message of the Medium
by Stephen L. Near
Storytelling in Cyberspace

v) Computer Animation: Gasping for Life
by Leslie Bishko
Leslie Bishko, computer animator and filmmaker, suggests a sensual component to
its creation using her own three minute piece, Gasping_for_Air, as a case in
point.

vi) IdeaFisher
by Martin Waterman
Can a computer program designed to stimulate creativity actually work?

vii) The Evolution of the VoiceBBS
by David Eagan
An artist creates a full-featured BBS using a touchtone phone.

Column:
VR: Ce n'est pas MTV
by Scott Taylor
The media and social critic questions our founding philosophical roots in
virtual reality.

Reviews:
-Being Digital by Nicholas Negroponte {book}
-The Reconfigured Eye: Visual Truth in the Post-Photographic Era by William J.
Mitchell {book}
-The Who's Tommy (Toronto Production) {play}
-Press Enter: Between Seduction and Disbelief {Art Exhibit}