ENROLMENT STATISTICS

Douglas Abel Drama Program Head Doug.Abel at KEYANOC.AB.CA
Fri Oct 13 18:41:39 EDT 1995

   As is the case with many institutions these days, there is concern in our
   administration with enrolment numbers in our Visual and Performing Arts
   programs.  One of the questions that regularly comes up is whether or not
   we are getting our fair proportion of students from local high schools.
   That questions tends to lead to the question of what proportion of high
   school graduates can be expected to go on into studies in drama.

   SO, if anyone at any time has seen the following figures, or knows where
   they might be found, or who has them, I'd be MOST grateful:

   1/ What percentage of high school graduates go on to study drama or
   theatre.

   and/or

   2/  What percentage of students in post-secondary institutions are
   studying theatre or drama.

   Any figures you could provide can be sent directly to me at

   Doug.Abel at Keyanoc.ab.ca

   Thanks VERY much,
   Douglas Abel,
   Keyano College,