an old Canadian play: Marsh Hay

Lisbie Rae raeme at MCMAIL.CIS.MCMASTER.CA
Tue Aug 20 12:47:55 EDT 1996

The people on this list are well placed to help in the re-examination
Guillermo wants done.  After all, it's what most of us in university
drama departments do for aat least part of our time.
How can we make our work on the history and criticism of Canadian drama
more accessible to theatres across the country?  We need more and better
connections between critics, scholars, and theatre companies.
Some suggestions I have:  spread the word about successful campus
productions of Canadian work -- send reviews to artistic directors.
Remind artistic directors of important reasons for reviving specific plays
Prepare a list of older plays worth restaging and offer it to the local
regional theatre
Is this hopelessly naive?  Would artistic directors welcome such input,
and make time to consider it?  What suggestions do others have?

And before I forget, Hurrah for Shaw!

Lisbie Rae