Seven Lears / Master Builder

Glen Nichols Glen_Nichols at UQAC.UQUEBEC.CA
Fri Feb 2 11:32:40 EST 1996

 Thanks for the insights, Charles.

It's interesting that you saw "Two Lears"; your reasoning seems based on
sensitive perceptions.  I wonder what other people think????? Do you
think the blandness is Hughes' fault, or the play's?

I'm glad you like Megan Follows. I think she bears a stigma from her
"Ann" days, and some questionable reviews of her Juliet at Stratford a
few years ago.  I find many of the same positive qualities that you did.
Recently her performance in Under the Piano (CBC) seemed to render a
sensitive portrayal of autism without caracterizing it, while also
finding humour in the character's  humanity.  Did anyone else see this
film?  Any comments on it?

I was intrigued by your hint at the "dull audience" comment RE: Inquest.
I hope you'll share your review ideas with CANDRAMA next week.

Glen