ATHE ONLINE: call for theatre book reviewers (fwd)

Kathy Chung kchung at EPAS.UTORONTO.CA
Fri Feb 16 01:44:24 EST 1996

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 21:43:57 -0400
From: James Thomas <jthomas at CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
To: Multiple recipients of list ATHENEWS <ATHENEWS at CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU>
Subject: ATHE ONLINE: call for book reviewers

------------------------------
From: m.beach at mail.utexas.edu
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 19:51:49 -0600
To: ATHENEWS at cms.cc.wayne.edu
Subject: call for book reviewers

Please forgive multiple copies of this call; it has been posted to several
lists.

Theatre Insight, a journal dedicated to publishing the work of emerging
scholars (graduate students or junior faculty), seeks book reviewers for
Issue #16: Theatre/Politics/Performance.

 For this issue, reviewers must be able to submit a 3-5 page review by
March 15. (Spring break project, perhaps?)  If you cannot make this
deadline but would like to be considered for future book reviews, please
contact me so I may add your name to my pool of potential reviewers.

For Issue #16, the books I would like to see reviewed are:

Franko, Mark. Dancing Modernism/Performing Politics.  Bloomington: Indiana
UP, 1995.

Gainor, J. Ellen, ed. Imperialism and Theatre. NY:Routlege, 1995.

Goldstein, Laurence, ed. The Male Body: Features, Destinies, Exposures.
Ann Arbor: U of Michigan P.

Leach, Robert. Revolutionary Theatre. NY: Routledge, 1994.

Malick, Javed.  Toward a Theater of the Oppressed: The Dramaturgy of John Arden.

Rabinowitz, Paula.  They Must Be Represented: History and the Rhetoric of
Gender in American Political Documentaries. NY: Routledge, 1995.

Reinelt, Janelle.  After Brecht: British Epic Theatre.  Ann Arbor: U of
Michigan P, 1994.

Seig, Katrin.  Exiles, Eccentrics, Activists: Women in Contemporary German
Theatre.   Ann Arbor: U of Michigan P, 1994.

If you are interested in reviewing one or more of these books, please
e-mail me ASAP with your name and qualifications for reviewing the book(s).

We will also consider proposals for reviews of other recent books besides
the ones mentioned above.

Maria Beach
Theatre InSight Book Review Editor for Issue #16
m.beach at mail.utexas.edu
Department of Theatre and Dance
University of Texas at Austin