Maenad Theatre Call for Proposals

Dirk and Mary Ann huysmand at CADVISION.COM
Sat Feb 17 14:39:56 EST 1996

Hello Lindsay and all Candrama subscribers,
        It's great to hear about interest in Maenad Productions Theatre
Society from across Canada.  We're in the middle of a strong season with
two productions currently in rehearsal.  Urban Tattoo, a multi-disciplinary
performance work by, and with, Marie Humber Clements, a Metis performance
artist and playwright from the west coast, has two perfomances on March 2.
Her evocative play about violence and abuse in relationships in our
society, Now Look What You Made Me Do, runs March 8-23.  We're also gearing
up for this year's New Voices Fem Fest '96 in the spring.
        You can find our homepage on the world wide web at
<http://www.ucalgary.ca/~rdagnill/maenad.html>.
        We have a new office and phone number. The number is (403) 263-7543.

MAENAD CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Maenad Theatre invites proposals for our 1996/1997 season.  We cannot fund
your production, but we can, hopefully, offer you a safety net in the
following:
1. A paid for performance space, in the event that your production revenues
should fall short.
2. Networking.
3. Publicity.
4. Self-empowerment.

Maenad Productions Theatre Society is a woman centred company which
promotes feminine visions through exciting and dynamic NEW WORKS for
theatre.  If you have a project in line with this vision, feel that you are
willing to be here and work collaboratively, and if you are willing to
assume the responsibility for realizing your production, then please
contact MAENAD for more details on both our company and the selection
process.  At your request we will send you a detailed package outlining our
selection and production process.

Maenad is also accepting proposals for NEW VOICES/FEM FEST '97, a festival
event to encourage:
-new playwrights of all ages
- a larger representation of minorities
-new forms of performance

Please make your proposal as detailed as possible and state whether you are
willing to be considered for season, festival, or both.
All proposals must be accompanied by a $10 Maenad membership fee.

DEADLINE FOR ALL PROPOSALS:  MARCH 15, 1996

Address:        Maenad Theatre
                      Box 4642, Station C
                       Calgary, Ab.  T2T 5P1
Phone:             (403) 263-7543