Upcoming ATHEMOO meeting

Dan Zellner studioz at MCS.COM
Mon Feb 26 22:44:00 EST 1996

Hello everyone,

More news on the upcoming ATHEMOO meeting on March 7th at 11:00 a.m. Central
time,  5 p.m. G.M.T.
For all the info on this meeting check out:
http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~dzellner/athemoo.html

NOTE: while you are not required to RSVP for the meeting, it would be
helpful if you would e-mail me (Dan Zellner) to let me know that you're
coming. E-mail me at studioz at mcs.com if you intend on coming and let us know
if this will be your first time in the ATHEMOO. We would like to coordinate
this event as much as possible to insure a good time is had by all. Thanks!

There was a great turnout for Scott Walter's (of Illinois State University)
Internet Symposium at the ATHEMOO. Sixteen people came to this get together
including a visitor from Belgium! The conversation was lively and the
meeting was over before we knew it! Time moves quickly in the MOO.

QUESTIONS REGARDING  AOL & TELNET
Someone recently posed the question whether someone on AOL can telnet to the
MOO. Well, Claudia Barnett graciously posted this answer which I am posting
again for all those who missed it:

>You CAN telnet from aol. To do this, you have to download a winsock.dll
they provide - look for it. You then >download their Ewan telnet app. as
well; then do the following - call up aol as usual, minimize, click on Ewan
>and you're all set. You can even run Netscape this way. All of this runs a
bit slow but they're at 28.8 on their own >menu now and things should work
out ok.

Give it a try and let me know if it works!

WANT TO TRY OUT YOUR MOO SKILLS????
Meet me in the ATHEMOO on Thursday @ 2 p.m. (Central Time -  that's 8 p.m.
GMT) for an informal chat and practice at moving, speaking and emoting in
the MOO! I'll be in the Lobby (my favorite place)

March 7th ATHEMOO MEETING PANEL will feature:
Juli Burk  (Universtiy of Hawaii)
Dan Zellner (Studio Z)
Steve Schrum (Penn State University (Hazleton))
Martin Glynn (North Park College)
Bettina Grassmann (Canadian playwright - University of Saskatchewan)
Bryan Garey (Studio Z)

Hope  you can make it!

Dan Zellner
studioz at mcs.com