feminist one-act plays

Rebecca Burton rburton at NERO.FINEARTS.UVIC.CA
Thu Feb 29 18:14:39 EST 1996

Hello everyone!
        I have yet another request. A friend of mine has been given the         opportunity to direct a one act play (something under an hour). She would like  it to be a Canadian feminist peice- something "provocative", to quote her. I am at a loss due to the time restraints she must adhere to so I was wondering if   anyone out there has any suggestions for possible scripts?

Now I can just imagine people saying, "what does she mean exactly by feminist?" Please interpret this word in its broadest political sense. Any script that is  pro- women or woman-centered or that deals with women's issues, or embodies a   "feminist aesthetic", etc. (And of course, this doesn't mean that the play      shouldn't have men it)  :-)

Thank you in advance.

Rebecca Burton