Toronto theatre

Gerda Grice ggrice at ACS.RYERSON.CA
Fri Jan 19 01:23:36 EST 1996

Hi,
   I wasn't bothered by the soundscape, but I was a bit bothered by
Barbara Gordon in the role of the mother in the first play.  I usually
like Barbara Gordon's performances, but I felt that she was miscast in
this play.  The cover of the published text, which was being
offered for sale at the bar during intermission, shows Doris Linklater
(spelling?) in the role.  I think that having a native woman--and particularly
an actress who is as strong a performer as Linklater--in the part would have
made the production as a whole stronger, more exciting, and more
interestingly ironic.

Gerda Grice