Jobs in Arts Administration

Winston D. Neutel wneutel at ITS.BROOKLYN.CUNY.EDU
Wed Jun 26 08:43:46 EDT 1996

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Raymond Louter wrote:

> I have a friend who is looking for a job in arts administration. I would
> like to know where I might search for jobs in this area, in
> either Canada or the U.S.

Hi, Ray.  I think I can be of some help here.

The best source of info about arts admin jobs in the US is probably
ArtSearch, published by Theatre Communications Group (TCG).  It lists
several hundred positions each issue (twice a month) and  most are in
administration.  They will send you a sample issue and subscription info if
you write to them at: ArtSEARCH, TCG, 355 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10017

The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) has a similar
publication, called ArtsBoard.  It is $21.40 for twelve monthly issues.
PACT's phone number is 1-800-263-PACT.

In Toronto, one should also visit the Theatre Ontario offices (they have
bulletin boards of job openings) and maybe PACT and the TTA too.

Hope this helps,
-Winston

 Winston D. Neutel, MFA Candidate in Dramaturgy and Theatre Criticism
 Brooklyn College, CUNY.                wneutel at its.brooklyn.cuny.edu