Att. Fund Raisers & Fund Managers

Wendell gs03wcs at PANTHER.GSU.EDU
Fri Mar 8 21:17:24 EST 1996

regarding directories for fund raising:

It has been a long time since I looked at some of these and I wasn't
exactly knowledgable of them in the first place.  However, you might
consider:

        Commerce Business Daily: complete listing of all grants, etc. to
be awarded by the Federal government.  It is available on line (thru
America On-Line, I know; but if you do a search thru Yahoo or another
search engine you can find it elsewhere I am sure).

        Grantsmanship Center News: a publication that has some
announcements of bids to be let, etc. in it.  Used to be a pretty good
source for info and especially for suggestions on writing and planning.

        Go to a good library (often libraries that are FEderal repository
libraries are best) and ask for info on grantswriting.  Here in Atlanta,
the City Library has quite a good collection of material; Emory
University Library also has a rather good collection (both, if I recall
correctly, are fed repository libraries).

        Check with State, County, City, and Federal agencies that may
show an interest (Parks and Rec, Education, and such).

        Consider innovative approaches that utilize funds from sources
not typically considered to be part of the "arts" scene (job training
money for instance).  If you do not currently have federal funds and have
never worked with them before, be aware of the red-tape and audit
standards.  You MUST have a good fiscal system and excellent accounting
records if you want to avoid major problems.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head--hope this helps.