searching the Web

Ed Mullaly MULLALY at UNB.CA
Fri Mar 22 14:15:00 EST 1996

        In an idle moment today, I discovered a webcrawling engine that
seems to do a better job that those I had been using.  When you're searching
(blindly) on the WWW, you might call up

http://www.metacrawler.com

and try using it.  It searches through some of the best of the other search
engines and seems to cut out many of the 'hits' that are of little interest.
A totally irrelevant matter: if you have the chance to switch to Netscape
Version Two, take it.  Many of the new and interesting sites are unavailable
to users of the earlier version.

     The world is a place in which England is found.
        You find it however you twirl the globe round.
     For England is red, and the rest are all grey,
        And that is the meaning of Empire Day.    -- GKC

Ed Mullaly  Dept of English UNB Fredericton, NB E3B 5A3   mullaly at unb.ca