Tenure and promotion criteria for theatre profesionals

Joel Greenberg jsgreenb at WATARTS.UWATERLOO.CA
Tue May 28 12:26:15 EDT 1996

Drama and Speech Communication at the University of Waterloo, where I am the
current Chair, has drafted a copy of guidelines for tenure and promotion
criteria that apply to faculty whose research is "studio"--i.e., designing,
directing, etc. These faculty members have entered through the professional
theatre rather than through the more traditional academic route.
I am eager to read such T&P documents from those programmes with a strong
balance of theory and practise.
Many thanks,
Joel Greenberg, Chair
Department of Drama and Speech Communication
University of Waterloo