Canadian Theatre History

Alex Hawkins jhawkins at GPU.SRV.UALBERTA.CA
Fri May 31 23:50:00 EDT 1996

I wish to add my recommendation to this posting.  I have been teaching an
"early Canadian theatre history" course now for two years, and I have
fallen back on my own documents secured from the Glenbow Archives in
Calgary and the National Archives in Ottawa.  But even so, there were big
gaps in this original material.  Then out of the blue, about three weeks
ago, I received a copy of the book referred to in the posting below.  It is
an astonishing resource.  I was delighted to find sources in it that I
would otherwise have found only with great difficulty.  Thanks to Don Rubin
for putting it together, and to Mark Jones for recommending it here.

AleX