CBC Radio Petition (fwd)

Richard Plant rplant at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Tue Nov 5 07:53:42 EST 1996

I want to take the opportunity offered by Kathy Chung's message about the
CBC petitions to comment. I fear that the email petition system is
inadequate as recently put into practice. I received several petitions,
several of which were the same petitions, with my name already on them
from an earlier pass through. While this serves the purpose of building
up names -- and while I doubt that any government official would ever
notice the duplication of names -- the petitions under those
circumstances seem ineffective. Actually, I think some members of the
current goverment actually can read, if haltingly and might notice the
duplication of names.

I urge that the formation of email petitions be studied more closely. The
process needs refinement yet.

rplant