access to archives

Lisbie Rae raeme at MCMAIL.CIS.MCMASTER.CA
Fri Nov 29 10:30:33 EST 1996

The Stratford situation makes me very grateful that the Shaw Festival
archives are at Guelph, readily accessible and free.  There is no way
that I'd have been able to pay the research fee required to study John
Hirsch at Stratford instead of Christopher Newton at Shaw.  Cutbacks and
restructuring in archive staffing seem to pose a threat too.  Are the
present university and public archives going to be able to process
and maintain their collections?

Lisbie Rae