Dragonfly of Chicoutimi

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Thu Oct 31 12:04:39 EST 1996

Pardon my excitement but, ever since seeing the stunning performance of
Larry Tremblay's _Dragonfly ot Chicoutimi_ at the Theatre of the Americas
festival in Montreal last year, I've kept my eye out for the publication
of the play.  Reading isn't the same as seeing it performed won't be the same
next best thing would be able to think about the words, the text.

Imagine my excitment when I read that it is now published through Les
Herbes Rouges, 1996.

To my frustration, Theatrebooks in Toronto doesn't have it and has no
plans for getting it; they won't consider ordering store copies since they
have no account with the publisher and have had little requests for the
playtext.  Undaunted, I called some local Frech bookstores and for those
interested, Librairie Champlain on Queen St E., Toronto, is willing to
order the play (it'll take 2 weeks they claim).  I ordered 2 copies, one
for a friend.  If you're interested, I'd suggest you give them a call
within the next few days and perhaps they'll increase their order and get
a whole batch in.

Here's how:

                Libraire Champlain
                tel: 416 364-4345

For other provinces, I'd suggest you check your French Bookstores.

Cheers all,  Kathy.