Junk mail ??? Clogged Arteries ??? (fwd)

Erin Murphy emurphy at LIBRARY.UWATERLOO.CA
Mon Sep 23 13:56:36 EDT 1996

Folks - just another thought about this.  I do find junk email on CanDrama
annoying and I would welcome suggestions from others on the list as to
what steps we could take to discourage/prevent these sorts of unwanted
intrusions in future.

I replied directly to the sender of the latest irrelevant add.  ie I sent
my message of complaint to the emailer's address - cd006109 at INTERRAMP.COM.
*I didn't choose "reply to all"  option, or copy this message to the list
[CANDRAMA at hermes.csd.unb.ca]*

I sent the following message 12 times to to the address given in the
original post:

"Mary Zinini:

I hope you will refrain, in future, from interupting discussions on
listserves with irrelevant advertisements.  As a reminder to this effect I
will send this message to you 12 times.

em"

If we get more annoying messages; in particular more adds from the same
source, perhaps other member of the list could send repeat messages
complaining about this sort of marketing *to the source*. 10 or 12
repeats from various members of the list should give the sender some
appreciation of how annoying it can be to receive unwanted/irrelevant email.

that's all about this for now

Erin Murphy     Librarian
Dana Porter Library, University of Waterloo