Notes from UQAM

WHITELEY DAVID m233701 at ER.UQAM.CA
Mon Sep 30 14:23:18 EDT 1996

As the only anglophone on the masters-level drama students'-council-type
thing (REMAD), it is my pleasure, honour and duty to spread the word about
events in the life of the Universite' de Que'bec `a Montre'al (UQAM)'s art
dramatique masters programme.

On September 20, a ceremony was held to welcome 15 new students to the
masters programme.  This occasion also celebrated the graduation of 22
(count 'em, 22) students.

Two newly-created awards of excellence were awarded for the first time to
students who have completed at least four courses in the masters
programme.  Recipients were Hamida Bendriss and Carole Nadeau.  Also
there was a special prize from Luxart:  their new lighting software
programme (with a promise of future upgrades as well) awarded to Claire
Lamarre.

Anyone interested in learning more about UQAM's maitrise en art
dramatique programme can contact me at the address below.

David Whiteley          Les savants ne sont bons que pour pr^cher en chaises
m233701 at er.uqam.ca      --Moli`re, _Les Femmes Savantes_, V, ii, 1662