Here's a weird situation

Raymond Louter oedipus at REDEEMER.ON.CA
Tue Apr 8 09:49:30 EDT 1997

I have been approached by a labour organization about the possibility of
commissioning a play.

I know what you're thinking. As far as I can tell so far they want somthing
non-propagandistic about the story of standing up against the forces of
the hegemony (my description).

Here's the thing. How does the commissioning process go? What are some
ballpark rates? Who owns the script in the end? What safegaurds should be
put in place for both the playwright and the organization. Does anyone
have experience with this sort of thing?

I will be talking to people at Canada Playwrights Union but I thought I'd
start here at the front lines.

Ray

Raymond Louter
Theatre Arts Department