Fwd: Canadian Playwrights

David Akin jdakin at FOXNET.NET
Wed Apr 9 09:55:27 EDT 1997

I thought list members might be interested in those note, forwarded from
the (mostly U.S.) Theatre List.
David Akin
jdakin at foxnet.net
 - - - - - -

Subject:     Canadian Playwrights
Sent:        4/8/97 3:10 PM
From:        harris, kenneth, kenneth.harris at sru.edu
To:          The Theatre Discussion List, theatre at lists.Princeton.EDU

Slippery Rock University has become an outpost of sorts of Canadian
drama south of the 49th parallel. In the last three seasons we've
produced Walker's ZASTROZZI, Pollock's BLOOD RELATIONS, and, most-
recently, French's SALT WATER MOON. Each of these plays was well-
received by our American actors and audiences.  CRACKWALKER is on
the schedule for next Fall.

I'd be interested in Paul Malone's assessment of David French--on or off
list, Paul, whatever.

Ken Harris
Slippery Rock University
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania