further clarification of validity of email virus notices

Values Media, Inc. values at PWORLD.NET.PH
Tue Apr 22 23:01:55 EDT 1997

Well it seems there is a virus mania around here... Actually there are a lot
of these running around in the net (downloadable .exe / .com programs with
possible viral infections).  Just for your info people, Microsoft's Word and
Excel files (.doc & .xls) are now being victimized by a NEW SET OF VIRUSES
(their names are CONCEPT virus & NPAD virus for .doc, i'm not so sure about
the name for the .xls virus).  So check out or download the latest Scan 300
& Vshield 300 series of Mcafee to counter these viruses (I'm not
advertising, it's because that is the program where I was able to detect
those viruses in my previous PC.)Well, for the email virus, it might be just
a dud program but not a virus. (Or maybe your eyes are just playing games
with you after you stare so much on the monitor :->) This might be a email
file attachment which you could have activated (.bat, .exe, .com)after you
have retrieved your email from your server, but I doubt that could cause a
major problem if you have your antivirus shields on.

Thanks for reading my unsolicited lecture!

Chris Constantino
HRD Manager
Values Media Incorporated