Good News for the Newsletter (fwd)

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Fri Feb 28 00:47:11 EST 1997

Hello Helene,

Congratulations!!

Yes, the good news should be shared!! May I have permission to forward you
message to the CANDRAMA discussion list, the students at the Drama Centre,
and to the list I'm told exists within the students at the French dept
here at UT?  Do you have access to the ATHE News List?  I can forward your
notice there too, if you wish.

I will also be happy to place a notice in the ACTR/ARTC Newsletter if you
will provide me the text (not too long?), French, English, or both.  I'll
send you the electronic submission guidelines.

In these times of economic constraints and especially under this horrible
Harris government (so unfriendly to education), it is wonderful to hear of
a new graduate programme in the fine arts.

Three cheers!  --- Kathy.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:27:54 -0500 (EST)
From: BEAUCHAMP HELENE <beauchamp.helene at uqam.ca>
To: Kathy Chung <kchung at chass.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Good News for the Newsletter

Good day to you

I hope that my message finds you well and strong!

Even though (to my regret) I will not be in St-John's, I thought that it
maybe would be a good idea for you to indicate two good reasons to rejoice
in those hard/harsh times we are all going through.

The first is that a new theatre journal was born in 1996
        _Theatre - les cahiers de la maitrise_
The first issue came out in November.  The second should be launched on
March 27th, International Theatre Day, which will be a day of theatrical
manifestations throughout Montreal, and particularly in all of the metro
stations.  Underground, but very much alive........ !

The second reason to rejoice is that we, at UQAM, will be opening a new
PhD programme in September 1997 : Doctorat en Etudes et Pratiques des
Arts.
It is a multidepartmental programme : theatre, dance, visual arts, history
of art.
It is a multidisciplinary programme with 3 points of focus :
interdisciplinarity, comparativity, intervention (social, educational,
cultural, etc.)

I will be glad to mail more information to you if you wish.

But don't you think that those good news should be shared?

Cheers and smiles.  Helene