Call for Abstracts 1

Dr. Daniel Meyer-Dinkgrafe dam at ABER.AC.UK
Mon Jan 13 06:00:31 EST 1997

The editors of=20

Studies in the Literary Imagination

have indicated interest in a special issue on=20

*Consciousness and World Drama*

They have asked me to provide a detailed proposal for such an issue. I am,=
=20
therefore, now inviting abstracts for papers, which I would then include in=
 my=20
proposal. Publication might be as late as fall 2000, because the journal is
scheduled=20
through fall 1999.=20

Papers collected in the issue would relate consciousness in its various=
 aspects=20
(ordinary and altered or higher states) to drama (as opposed to=
 performance).=20
Papers could focus on consciousness as portrayed in drama, as experienced by=
=20
dramatic characters, dramatic techniques employed by dramatists in causing
specific=20
consciousness-related effects in readers/spectators. Different models of=20
consciousness (Freud, Jung, neurophysiological, computer-based, Indian,=
 etc.)=20
could provide different answers to questions such as: what happens in the
mind of=20
the dramatist when he/she writes a play? what happens in the mind of the=
 reader=20
when reading a play (spectator watching a play)?

Deadline for abstracts: 1 March 1997

I will prepare the proposal to the journal by March 15, and contact each
potential=20
contributor as soon as I have heard from the editors of the journal.=20

All communication to=20

Dr. Daniel Meyer-Dinkgr=E4fe
Department of Theatre, Film and Television Studies
University of Wales Aberystwyth
1 Laura Place, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 2AU
Wales, UK
Fax ++44 1970 622831  email: dam at aber.ac.uk
Dr. Daniel Meyer-Dinkgrafe
Department of Theatre, Film and Television Studies
University of Wales Aberystwyth
1 Laura Place, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 2AU, UK
Tel. ++44 1970 622835 Fax ++44 1970 622831 email: dam at aber.ac.uk