Call for Abstracts 3

Dr. Daniel Meyer-Dinkgrafe dam at ABER.AC.UK
Mon Jan 13 06:25:35 EST 1997

For the 1997 Modern Language Association (MLA) Convention, December 27 to=20
30 in Toronto, Canada, I have proposed a special session on

*Altered States of Consciousness (ASC) in Contemporary Drama*

The session should discuss descriptions and experiences of desirable altered
states=20
of consciousness in contemporary drama from the perspective of different=
 models=20
of consciousness. The special session will have 75 minutes, i.e. 3
panellists will=20
present a paper of 20 minutes each, and there will be 15 minutes for
discussion.=20

Calendar of events

1 March 1997    Deadline for 1-page abstracts to me
05 March 1997   I will inform all those who sent an abstract
                        whether their proposal has been accepted
1 April         All accepted panellists have to be registered as
                        MLA members
7. April                Deadline for my proposal of the special session to=20
                        the MLA Committee.
end of May              I will be informed by the MLA Committee whether=20
                        the special session has been accepted

June                    I will inform all panellists of the MLA decision

1 November              Deadline for receipt of papers from panellists=20

all communication to

Dr. Daniel Meyer-Dinkgr=E4fe
Department of Theatre, Film and Television Studies
University of Wales Aberystwyth
1 Laura Place, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 2AU
Wales, UK
Fax ++44 1970 622831  email: dam at aber.ac.uk