Two Russian Plays

Benjamin Sher sher07 at BELLSOUTH.NET
Thu Jul 10 02:18:30 EDT 1997

Dear members:

[This message is identical to the one sent earlier today. My reason for
sending it again was the change in subject header. I wanted to let Candrama
members know from the header that the two plays in question are Russian. My
apologies for the repetition.  -- Benjamin]

You are invited to read two fine contemporary Russian plays translated by
yours truly. They are available on my web site:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/1212

They are:

1) THE DOG, a tragic allegory on genocide in two acts for three actors
(called simply: a man, a woman, a dog) by Valentin Krasnogoroff.

2) A WOMAN OF ST. PETERSBURG, a monodrama in four acts by Vladimir
Balashov, spanning the years 1916-1974. The woman ages from 18 to 74 in two
hours. A great challenge for the right actress.

Both plays date from the 1980's perestroika period. I would be happy to
hear your comments.

Yours,

Benjamin

Benjamin and Anna Sher