Drama Centre Alumni gathering

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Mar 3 19:33:23 EST 1997

Again, to those of you in the Toronto area . . . or beyond:

This message is sent in case the Drama Centre alums in the local area did
not yet receive the invitation which was sent out via snail mail.  (The
package was pretty fat so perhaps our postage was insufficient???....)
Those not associated with the Drama Centre are equally welcome:

     A Discussion Panel on the Graduate Centre for Study of Drama
             Honouring Our Past, Challenging the Future
                              and
                      An Alumni Gathering

                       6-8 pm Sunday 9 March
                 Robert Gill Theatre, Drama Centre

This is the 5th anniversary of the FOOT festival, and as such, we thought
it only fitting to relfect on the rich history of the Graduate Centre for
Study of Drama.  This panel will serve, not only as a retrospective of
Drama Centre activity, but as an exploration and analysis of the Drama
Centre's unique contribution to the field of theatre and drama education;
a discussion of past policy with an eye to the future.  A panel comprised
of former Directors: BRIAN PARKER (1967-72), MICHAEL SIDNELL (1977-81),
RON BRYDEN (1981-85, 1986-91), and Serving Director, DOMINICO PIETROPAOLO
(1996-  ), as well as Head of Design, MARTHA MANN (1973-  ) will be
moderated by RICHARD PLANT whose long association with the Drama Centre
began as a student in the 1970s, and continues as professor of Canadian
Theatre and Drama.

In addition to our panelists, we invited Drama Centre alumni to become a
part of our audience with the expectation that they, too, will share their
memories of and vision for the Drama Centre.  If you are not associated
with the Drama Centre, you are still more than welcome.  While our focus
is the DC and its heritage, we also hope to discuss the precarious future
of university theatre and drama programs in general, and any shift in
their pedagogical practice as we approach the new century.  Your insights
and experience of other institutions can only enrich the discussion.

We look forward to your participation!!