A Christmas Play or Pageant

Raymond Louter oedipus at REDEEMER.ON.CA
Thu Mar 6 13:23:36 EST 1997

In an effort to attract new audiences to our campus I am planning to stage a
Christmas play or pageant this coming December. I like the traditional
Christmas story well enough and can imagine some innovative and
contemporary ways to stage it (and I do want to avoid the sentimenal
treatment of the story) but I would like to test the widom of my peers on
this subject. Does anyone know of contemporary adaptations of the story
-- ones that utilize storytelling, music and perhaps masks?

Before I launch into a unique adaptation I thought I'd throw this out.

Forgive the cross-listing please!

Ray

Raymond Louter
Theatre Arts Department