Elections (fwd)

Reid Gilbert rgilbert at HUBCAP.MLNET.COM
Thu May 1 14:22:28 EDT 1997

I want to second Ric's concerns about the Election Statement.  I have never
felt the lobby agencies were doing a good job (although I know there are
colleagues who will argue with me about this) and I have never been impressed
by visits to executive meetings of representatives to these agencies.  I find
this statement another example of a group of people paying service to the
buzz words of the moment and to dangerous neo-conservative notions.  I
continue to ask what benefit the societies receive from costly membership in
these agencies.

Reid