Elections (fwd)

Anne Nothof annen at CS.ATHABASCAU.CA
Mon May 5 19:26:45 EDT 1997

I too see the "science" bias in this communique, and would suggest a
polite correction of unexamined assumptions.  They are so prevalent, as
you indicate, that I am no longer surprised in finding them - plus the
"business" bias, of course, to which I am becoming susceptible myself.
One of my philosphy colleagues even questioned the notion of AU having a
"Student Services" unit at the university, the implication being that
students should be "served" by academic waiters.

We have to choose our battles.

Anne