Elections (fwd)

BEAUCHAMP HELENE beauchamp.helene at UQAM.CA
Sun May 11 13:04:40 EDT 1997

Bonjour tout le monde

A quote from a book I enjoyed very much -
        Man Looking for Words by Ritsaert Ten Cate,
        Amsterdam, Theater Instituut Nederland, 1996

"If we seriously wish to create life, rather than only consume it, then we
must develop our nerves.  Nerves of steel will be needed if we're to
discover and then hold a balance between doing what is unknown and
unexpected, and presenting ourselves as something familiar and
understandable.  It's a matter of juggling with the steps of our own
ladder." p. 56

I would suggest that a reflexion on science and art, research and artistic
creation - or invention - could point to ways and modes of thinking.

"Between Art and Science, they dream the world" is the subtitle to issue
no 158 of _Autrement_ (octobre 1995) on the theme "Researchers or
Artists?"

Merci.  Helene Beauchamp