Anecdote Book

David McClelland dmcclel2 at FOX.NSTN.CA
Thu Oct 9 23:31:49 EDT 1997

Hi y'all

you may be interested in a book just launched this week.... Standing Naked
In The Wings: Anecdotes from Canadian Actors.

I'm one of the contributors and travelled from the maritimes (by bus!) for
the launch Monday. It was a blast. A room packed with famous Canadian
Actors.... and me! It was like a high school year book party as we all
circulated to get our books signed. I was particularly taken with Ernie
Coombs, Sean Mulcahy and the guys from Traders, Patrick McKenna, Bruce Gray
and David Gardner.

But even though it was treat to see so many well known Can Actors in one
room, the book does contain contributrions from many other grunts like
myself.I read it on the return bus journey and laughed so much I had tears
in my eyes and other passengers complained i was keeping them awake. They
also asked what the book was and where they could buy it!

Honestly, it is a scream, and well worth the money for any fan of Canadian
Theatre.

It's published by Oxford University Press , compiled and edited by Lynda
Mason Green and Tedde Moore and the ISBN is 0-19-541195-1.

By the way, I get nothging for my contribution, so this isn't a commercial,
I just thought CANDRAMA readers might be interested.

Happy reading!
Dave

David McClelland, Actor/Writer/Broadcaster.
P.O. Box 1069, Amherst, NS, B4H 4E2, Canada
E-Mail - mailto:dmcclel2 at fox.nstn.ca
Home Page : http://fox.nstn.ca/~dmcclel2

"Why don't more people enjoy lesbian opera tractor pull like I do?  The
mixture of unattainable women, angelic voices, and raw power grips me." -
Cameron Bales