SEEKING RECENT INT'L PLAYS

SHELLEY TEPPERMAN 102165.1374 at COMPUSERVE.COM
Wed Jun 3 01:35:43 EDT 1998

Hello,

I am curating an international playreading series entitled OTHER FIRES, and
seeking outstanding plays from outside North America, written or translated
into English, that have been successfully produced in their country of
origin within the past ten years. Of particular interest are pieces from
countries or cultures whose theatre is rarely seen on North American
stages. I am most interested in plays that depict the sensibility and
theatrical style of the culture in question, and that reflect issues or
situations pertinent to that culture.

Suggestions of plays (and where I can find the script) would be very
welcome. As well, if you are an expert on a particular playwright or the
theatre of a particular culture, please let me know. I am hoping that we
will be able to have guest resource people as well as guest directors for
some of the projects. The series is a joint venture between Teesri Duniya
and the Centaur theatre in Montreal, and readings will be held  one Monday
night per month from October through May.

Many thanks,

Shelley Tepperman
Dramaturg, Teesri Duniya Theatre