Monograph Series

Jim Hoffman's T*H*E*A*T*R*I*X jhoffman at CARIBOO.BC.CA
Thu Jun 25 12:13:11 EDT 1998

announcing...

                    _______________________
                        C R I T I C A L
                        PERFORMANCE/S
                        IN  C A N A D A
                    _______________________

        A Monograph Series in _Textual Studies in Canada_

Doxa, Para-Doxa and Don Cherry? Textual Terrains in _Maclean's_?
The Performative Playfulness of Canada Post? Competing Discourses at
Atwood Websites? Textual Performance in Canadian Art Criticism?

We invite extended articles (100-150 pages) that examine issues of
performance in its application as a critical "keyword" (Raymond Williams)
in Canadian textual studies. Performance is one of the busiest critical
terms today: leaving its former home in the theatrical arts, taking
imaginative stimulus from post-structuralism, it now appears in a great
number of fields, increasingly in the sense of the "performed" in the
humanities and social sciences, in the arts, and in contemporary theory.
We hope to publish, over the next several years, one book per year devoted
to the exploration of performance, particularly as it informs critical
practice within a Canadian context. Enquiries welcome.

Please submit monograph proposals by December 31, 1998, to the
Series Editors: James Hoffman and Katherine Sutherland

*   James Hoffman, Theatre Program, University College of the Cariboo  *
*      P.O. Box 3010, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, V2C 5N3      *
*                Phone: 250-828-5315  Fax: 250-371-5697                *
*       URL: http://www.cariboo.bc.ca/ae/vpa/jhoffman/home.htm         *