Job openings at Saint Mary's (fwd)

Kathy Chung kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Mar 2 18:31:15 EST 1998

Hello all,

The following is a little dated but still current: Tenure track in History
of Theatre.  To those who are in the position to go for it -- Good Luck!

--- Kathy.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:37:15 +0000 (ADT4AST)
From: "J. Russell Perkin" <RPERKIN at shark.stmarys.ca>
To: accute-l at ac.dal.ca
Subject: Job openings at Saint Mary's

At the request of our chair, Dr. Margaret Harry, I am posting the
following job advertisement.

Russell Perkin
Saint Mary's

SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY
Department of English

The Department of English, Saint Mary's University, invites
applications for two positions effective September 1, 1998.  The
positions are as follows: One tenure-track position in the
History of Drama; and one three-year term position (with the
possibility of a tenure-track appointment, subject to budgetary
approval) in Twentieth Century American and British Fiction.
Applicants should be prepared to teach required first-year
English courses in composition and literature, as well as a range
of intermediate and senior undergraduate courses in their fields.
A completed Ph.D. and demonstrated strength in both teaching and
research are required.

Applicants should send a current curriculum vitae, letter of
application, academic transcripts and three confidential letters
of reference  directly to:

Dr. Margaret Harry, Chair
Department of English
Saint Mary's University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3H 3C3
Fax:  (902) 420-5110
email:  mharry at shark.stmarys.ca

Closing date for applications is March 28, 1998.

This advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens and permanent
residents. Saint Mary's University is committed to the principles
of Employment Equity. Visit our website http://www.stmarys.ca.
Margaret Harry, Chairperson, English