Alexei Yashin

Frederick Kern fkern at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Fri Mar 6 10:05:00 EST 1998

Hello everyone;

For those who do not know, I thought I'd mention that Alexei Yashin,
Forward with the NHL's Ottawa Senators, donated $1,000,000.00 (yes, that's
one million dollars) to the National Arts Centre in Ottawa this week!

Fantastic gesture in my opinion.  In interviews, he hinted that others
should do the same, claiming that such donations are common from those in
other sports.

That's all.
-afk.

ps - I'll try to find Yashin's email address if anyone wishes to express
thanks.