Alexei Yashin

Richard Plant rplant at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Fri Mar 6 12:59:00 EST 1998

Hell Fred, et al:

I am unsure as yet whether Alexandre's exemplary generosity to the arts
will force me to switch my allegiance to les Habs -- it's a longtime
affair I've had with them. But, if anything would, this gift by Alexandre
Yashin would do it. Go Senators go? Doesn't quite have the same ring.

Oh, if only a few more of the multi-millionaire sports stars were so
culturally conscious as M Yashin. I doubt that we could ever hope for
Dennis Rodman to make a donation to cultural expression -- beyond that
which he already does in his performance antics -- but maybe some of the
others. What do they do with all their money?

Richard Plant
Dept of Drama, Queen's University
and
Graduate Centre for Study of Drama,