Alexei Yashin

Louise Forsyth Louise.Forsyth at USASK.CA
Mon Mar 9 20:23:49 EST 1998

Dear colleagues,

Would it be appropriate for our various representative groups to send Mr.
Yashin a letter of thanks on behalf of the vaqrious members of Canada's
communities who work in some part of theatre and drama - with copies to the NAC?

Louise Forsyth

At 10:05 AM 3/6/98 -0500, Frederick Kern wrote:
>Hello everyone;
>
>For those who do not know, I thought I'd mention that Alexei Yashin,
>Forward with the NHL's Ottawa Senators, donated $1,000,000.00 (yes, that's
>one million dollars) to the National Arts Centre in Ottawa this week!
>
>Fantastic gesture in my opinion.  In interviews, he hinted that others
>should do the same, claiming that such donations are common from those in
>other sports.
>
>That's all.
>-afk.
>
>ps - I'll try to find Yashin's email address if anyone wishes to express
>thanks.

Louise H. Forsyth, PhD
Professor of Women's & Gender Studies and French
Associate Member of the Department of Drama
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, SK   S7N 5A5

Telephone:      306-931-0904 (home)
                306-966-5496