Canadian Theatre Conference in Saskatoon

Anne Nothof annen at ATHABASCAU.CA
Tue Mar 10 19:45:09 EST 1998

In Saskatoon, from May 21 to May 23, all the anglophone national
associations representing theatre artists, craftspeople and managers will
meet together for the first time in a generation to discuss Canadian
theatre - past, present and future.

As well as looking back to where we've come from and how we got here, we
will focus on the future of our sector, and what all of the stakeholders -
artists, companies, audiences, volunteer boards of directors, government
funders and policy-makers, private sector sponsors, political leaders and
national associations - can do to assure the richness of that future.
This dialogue will be an opportunity to creatively address the next
generation of Canadian theatre.

All sessions will take place at the Delta Bessborough, 601 Spadina
Cresent East, SK. The programme includes a keynote address by Robert
Wallace, examining the roots of three productions of Canadian plays in
1967, and noting how Canadian theatre has developed as personified in
those productions.  Other confirmed speakers include Maude Barlow of the
Council of Canadians and Keith Kelly, National Director of the Canadian
Conference of the Arts.

The conference is a joint project of Associated Designers of Canada,
Canadian Actors' Equity Association, Canadian Institute of Theatre
Technology, PUC, Professional Association of Canadian Theatres.

 For more information contact: Angela Rebeiro
cdplays at interlog.com and www.puc.ca
(416)702-0201