Completion of the Networking List

Carrie Loffree carrie at DSUPER.NET
Thu Mar 26 22:23:14 EST 1998

Dear Candrama-ites,

As many of you know - and are probably sick of hearing ;-) - over the past
year, I have been making a list of the chairs of all post-secondary
programs offering courses in drama or theatre in order to facilitate
various networking projects and strengthen the community of teachers of
drama and theatre in this country.  This project was initiated by the
Professional Concerns Committee of the Association for Canadian Theatre
Research (ACTR).

(I apologize for cluttering the mailboxes of any of you who I have e-mailed
individually about this recently and to the literally hundreds of you who
have already contributed to the mighty list-making project.  Thank you all
so much for your help!)

I'm very excited about the potential of this list, which is nearing
completion and will soon be put into action, I hope.  I'm taking one last
stab at completing it before reporting back to the ACTR at their annual
conference this spring.

*** So, I am once again calling on anyone out there who thinks - like I do
- that networking is crucial and empowering - to help me complete this
contact list. ***

Below is a list of entries needing completion (in alphabetic order by
institution).  All I need is the name of the chair for each of the programs
on this list and their e-mail address.  If your e-mail address book
contains any of the missing links, I would really appreciate hearing from
you.

ACADIA (Undergrad: Drama)
ALBERTA (Undergrad: Drama, English / Grad: Theatre, Design, Directing)
BISHOP'S (Undergrad: English, Etudes francaises et quebecoises)
CAPE BRETON (Undergrad: English)
CARLETON (Undergrad: English Language and Literature, Film, School for
Studies in Art & Culture, School of Canadian Studies / Grad: Film)
CONCORDIA (Undergrad: Theatre, English)
DALHOUSIE (Undergrad: Theatre, French, Russian Studies, Spanish)
GUELPH (Undergrad: English)
HAUTES ETUDES COMMERCIALES (Gestion d'organsimes culturels)
LAKEHEAD (Undergrad: English)
LAURENTIAN (Undergrad: English)
LETHBRIDGE (Undergrad: English)
MANITOBA (Undergrad: "French, Italian & Spanish")
MCGILL (Undergrad: Drama Program, Langue et litterature francaises)
MCMASTER (Undergrad: English)
MONTREAL (Undergrad: Etudes francaises, Etudes anglaises)
MOUNT SAINT VINCENT (Undergrad: Speech and Drama, English)
RED DEER (Undergrad: Theatre)
SAINTE-ANNE (Undergrad: Etudes anglaises)
SAINT-BONIFACE (Undergrad: BA with concentration in theatre)
SAINT FRANCIS XAVIER (Undergrad: English)
SAINT THOMAS (Undergrad: English)
SASKATCHEWAN (Undergrad: Drama / Grad: English, French)
SHERBROOKE (Undergrad: Lettres et communications)
SIMON FRASER (Undergrad: English)
TORONTO (Undergrad: English)
TRENT (Undergrad: English, Canadian Studies)
UBC (Grad: Areas of Art Ed)
UQAC (Undergrad: Arts et lettres)
UQAM (Undergrad: Etudes anglaises / Grad: Semiotique)
UQAR (Undergrad: Lettres et sciences humaines)
UQT-R (Undergrad: Etudes anglaises, Etudes francaises, Langues modernes)
VICTORIA (Undergrad: Theatre / Grad: Theatre History, Theatre/Drama in
Education, Design/Production, Directing, Theatre History)
WATERLOO (Undergrad: English)
WINNIPEG (Undergrad: English)
YORK (Undergrad: English, Glendon English)

ALMOST ALL COLLEGES, UNIVERSITY COLLEGES & CEGEPS - If you are from one
such institution or have contacts there, your input would be especially
precious.

Thank you all for your interest in this project and for putting up with my
numerous calls for help!

- Carrie Loffree
Networking List Project