Stage manager debate

Karen Fleury kfleury at NETCOM.CA
Wed Nov 4 03:05:08 EST 1998

>Ah, "noteworthy"...how do I judge that? If I, a critic, or a
>respected/trusted correspondant didn't see the person's work?
>
>Gaetan Charlebois

I recall reading on the web site that a person should be nominated to be
included in the Encyclopedia.  Has Gaeton seen the work of every theatre,
playwright, director, designer and actor currently on the URL?  I should
think that the stage manager's reputation, as with other artist's, would
help in the decision.

My final point, before I step out of the discussion, is the clause in the
CTA--Canadian Theatre Agreement--which includes stage management as an
artist along with directors, designers and actors.  Canadian Actors' Equity
Association and PACT both agree that stage management are artists.  Our
biographies and photos are in the program and our photos on are displayed in
the lobby....