ATHE Conference

Brian Quirt bquirt at INTERLOG.COM
Sat Oct 10 17:38:59 EDT 1998

I wanted to let you know now about a conference to be held in Toronto in 1999:

ATHE - Association of Theatre in Higher Education

This organization is holding its Annual Meeting in Toronto next year, July
28 - 31 1999.

This is large conference touches on every element of theatre practice.
There will be twelve sessions devoted specifically to Dramaturgy. I've read
the list of panels and sessions from the 1998 conference and many sounded
fascinating.

This presents an opportunity for Canadians who may want to present a
session. There are panels with papers, panel discussions, lectures,
demonstrations, poster sessions, and more. I have the application forms if
you wish to submit a Seesion or Paper proposal and all the relevant
information.

The deadline is November 1, 1998.

The official contact person regarding the dramaturgy sessions is Cindy
SoRelle. She can also direct you to
more detailed information about the conference in general, which will be
held at the Sheraton
Centre in downtown Toronto.

Dr. Cindy SoRelle
Theatre Dept.
McLennan College
1400 College Drive
Waco, TX  76708

<cms at mccadm.mcc.cc.tx.us>
(254) 299-8903
(254) 299-8935 (fax)

BRIAN QUIRT
Dramaturg: Factory Theatre; Theatre Centre, Toronto.
Regional V-P, LMDA (Literary Managers & Dramaturgs of the Americas)
bquirt at interlog.com