the list sucks

Howard Beye beyehl at ULETH.CA
Sat Sep 19 16:40:11 EDT 1998

heh everybody what is with the candrama list every time I turn around I
see another notice for a call for papers or a symposium someplace that I
as a student of theatre at the university of lethbridge will never get
to go to as I do not have access to University budgets to pay for my
travel, How about the candrama list become an actual discussion by, for
and between people who create the theatre in this country. By the way
that includes the academics, but how about the actors on the street
beaking off about how well their training prepared them for the theatre
and where is the theatre going on in this country. What they think about
the state of theatre in this country I want to see postings from all the
little funky theatres all over the country so that I can get a sense of
the range and breadth of  theatre professional and otherwise.  Instead
of this little pedantic academic country club that exists at the moment.
If this pisses you off [you] the academic. Perhaps you read this when
you sign on to, let me guess, post yet another call for papers put that
idea aside then succinctly [three paragraphs-four tops] tell us all what
is going on in your neck of the woods, what gives you joy in the
theatre, why in the world you chose to do it, what makes you really
steamed besides bratty upstart theatre students from lethbridge any
fucking thing besides a call for papers or another symposium because
frankly this discussion group better get its shit together or I am out
of here.

yours
Howard